Ezstep – Foot Door Opener
$26.95 – $32.40
Door handle used by your foot. Sturdy and durable, it allows an easy access to shops, facilities and buildings.
Foot door opener made in Canada.
Simply step and pull the door with your foot !
- Suncor Energy
- Bridgeston Canada
- KTM Canada
- Air Canada
|Dimensions||12.7 × 12.7 × 12.7 cm|
Ezstep, Ezstep+3M adhesive and metal screws, Ezstep+bolts and nuts
|Window decal (option)||
No Sticker, Sticker
Where to find our foot door opener?
Installation of the foot door opener – Suggestions and recommendations
Install the Ezstep in the lower corner opposite the hinges of your door. Make sure to leave sufficient clearance between the Ezstep and the ground (minimum 0.25 in / 6.35 mm).
For metal doors, we suggest the option of fixing 3M adhesive + Metal screws (maximum durability) or Metal screws only
- Clean the door surface where the Ezstep will be installed using rubbing alcohol (Isopropanol 70%) and make sure the surface is clean and dry.
- Remove the protective films from the adhesive and position the Ezstep on the previously cleaned surface of the door.
- Drill a pilot hole to allow the alignment of a metal screw in one of the fixing holes.
- Align the metal screw with the pilot hole and tighten the screw in place
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to drill and install the other two metal screws.
** Note: The adhesive will reach its maximum adhesion performance after 24 h at room temperature. Wait for this hardening time before applying forces to the Ezstep. For an application below room temperature, it is possible to heat the surface in order to accelerate the curing of the adhesive.
** The screws provided are # 12 x 1 inch long flat head metal screws
- Position the Ezstep at the desired location and mark with a marker or pencil the location of the holes.
- Using a drill and a 1/4 ” drill bit, drill a first edge hole at the edge of the door. Make sure to drill at level. If necessary, pre-drill with a smaller diameter forest.
- Position the Ezstep in place and insert a screw into the drilled hole. On the back of the door place a washer and nut and lightly tighten the nut so as to hold the foot handle in place.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to drill and install the other two screws, washers and nuts.
- Tighten the nuts in place. Apply Loctite adhesive to the fillets of the screw before tightening if necessary.
** The supplied screws are 1/4-20 x 2 inch long flat head stainless steel screws